Springville Mill originally stood about 150' downstream from the present mill building. The original mill was constructed in the early 1800's by Mr. Soliday. This mill was powered with water from a millpond that was fed with springs. The original mill functioned as a gristmill.
The present mill building was built in the early 1900's. It received its water supply from a large steel pipe that ran under the road. The water came from a reservoir on the hill. The gristmill operated until the early 1950's.
Today the mill is in a deteriorated condition. It is 3 1/2 stories with a tin roof. The exterior of the mill is covered with decaying wood. The windows are miscellaneous replacements. It appears that one floor might be used as an apartment. This mill is not worth a visit. (Hothem; Garber).