The Walter Ring Mill Site was established in 1810 by John Cline, who built a gristmill. Around 1817, he added a sawmill. The mill site is at the confluence of Biglick Run and the Little Muskingum River. John Cline operated his mill until 1840 when it was purchased by Walter Ring. Walter Ring also operated a sawmill and gristmill until 1864. George Ring operated the mills after his father's death. Subsequently, George's son Lafayette, and George's grandson Alexander operated the mill. In 1921, Ring Mill was dismantled and reassembled at Rinard's Mill, on the Little Muskingum. Much of the Ring Mill's equipment was left at the old mill site. The Ring Mill, being located at the mouth of Biglick Run, was inundated by floods and all of the discarded milling equipment has been covered with silt.
Today, Ring Mill's existence is evidenced by the remnant dam and millrace. The only really preserved evidence of the Ring Family is their home located .75 mile southwest of the old mill site. The cut stone house is interesting because it is a rare form of construction in this region. The house has a tin roof, four windows in the front, and a centered front door. The doorway step exhibits wear and each window has a stone lintel. There is a name stone above the door inscribed, "Walter and Margaret Ring, 1846." This stone house is over 150 years old. Very interesting! Although the mill in no longer existing, the area is interesting to interpret. (Taylor).